What’s Going On:
- Featuring a wide array of classes and programs, the Glendale Sports Center has become one of the top fitness centers in the area. Also, Glendale residents can join for just $10 per month which is one of the best fitness deals in town!
- Glendale also has an International Events Center which is a conference facility with the largest ballroom between Downtown and the Tech Center.
- A founding member of Major League Rugby (MLR), Glendale is thrilled to announce that the Raptors’ preseason starts March 10. Additionally, the first national broadcast of professional rugby in United States history is taking place on April 21 in Glendale! More information and updates can be found at www.glendaleraptors.com.
- The corner of Cherry Street and Mississippi Avenue is the home of the south half of Infinity Park – an open, multi-use park with lush landscaping, an athletic field, and plenty of room to run around, walk dogs, have a picnic, or read a book.
- Glendale features a variety of longtime businesses that have proven essential to the retail success of the area including: AlphaGraphics, Bank of Denver, Bull & Bush Pub & Brewery, Butler Rents, Colorado Gold Mart, First Bank, Zeitlin & Associates, LLC, O’Brien Rugby, Shotgun Willie’s, and Target.
- The area located south of Barnes & Noble, along Colorado Blvd, also houses food and retail options. Pedestrian access from Colorado Blvd goes past the Post Office and through to Birch Street.
- The corner of Colorado Blvd. and Cherry Creek Drive South is the home of two of Glendale’s most popular hotels – the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel and Residence Inn. The CitySet complex also features delicious restaurants such as Jax Fish House and The Kitchen Next Door.
Our city boasts a wide variety of things to do and see as shopping, dining, and outdoor activities are all a part of the Glendale culture.
The Cherry Creek Shopping District is just a mile away and includes Denver’s finest upscale shops and boutiques. For the outdoor enthusiast, the beautiful Cherry Creek bike path runs through Glendale and passes by some of the area’s most attractive parks and open spaces. Nightlife is alive and well here, with a variety of bars, restaurants, and taverns to suit any taste. Families relocating to the area will be happy to know that Glendale is part of the exceptional Cherry Creek School District.
Glendale is also the official home of rugby in the U.S. The sport has gained a substantial following since Glendale built the first municipal rugby stadium in North America – Infinity Park. This location, along with the adjacent Infinity Park South neighborhood park, features more than just the fast-paced, intense sport of rugby. In the summer, the park hosts free movie nights, concerts, festivals and much more.
If you’re looking for a vibrant, exciting, and active city in the Denver area, Glendale is it!
Rugby In Glendale – Rugby Town USA
In 2005, Governor Ritter proclaimed Glendale the Capital of Rugby in Colorado. Since then, all levels of rugby have been played in Glendale’s Infinity Park including one of the premier Sevens tournaments in the nation that attracts teams from all over the world. Additionally, having hosted the National Club Championships, Super League Championships, College All-Star Games, International Games, The Churchill Cup, and the World Rugby Hall of Fame, Glendale has truly become “Rugbytown USA.”
To learn more about rugby in Glendale, visit www.glendalerugby.com
Infinity Park includes the Rugby Stadium, the Glendale Recreation Center & YMCA, The International Event Center, The Guinness Try Club, and a 10-acre park that features a deso-turf athletic field. For more information, visit www.infinityparkatglendale.com